At the August 1, 2018 Board Meeting the following was discussed:
Proposed: Putting before the membership for vote a revision to the ByLaws revising Article XI. Elections
1) Changing the appointment of the Nominating Committee from July to January.
2) Changing the Nominating Committee to canvas members seeking those who may be interested in an elected position from the current July-October to January-April.
3) Changing the month of Elections of Chapter Officers and Chapter Board of Directors from November to May.
4) A one-time provision to extend the current officers and directors positions six months (from 2 years to 2 years six months) to accomodate these changes.
5) Changing the wording of other ByLaws as necessary to accomodate these changes.
6) This would move the current November, 2019 election to May, 2020.
The intent of these changes would be to provide for more members to make themselves available for positions as Officers and Directors since
it has been found that during the current months of July-November there are not as many members in town (due to traveling, hunting, etc.)
On August 28th, 2018 at the regular monthly meeting the membership approved the above changes.
"What does this mean to me?"
1) The appointment of the Nominating Committee will take place in January, 2020.
2) The Nominating Committee from January-April, 2020 will canvas members seeking those who may be interested in an elected position.
3) The next Elections of Chapter Officers and Chapter Board of Directors will be in May, 2020.
4) All current officers and directors positions have been extended six months (until May, 2020).
September 21, 2018
The ByLaws are now updated here.
This can be found at http://eaa42.org->About Us->About Us->Chapter Info->ByLaws
Updated September 21, 2018
Return to EAA 42 Home page